The Pre-Academic Program, "A Way to Success":
This three-year program, running since 1998, includes about 100 high-school Bedouin girls with the potential to excel. The program improves their chances to be accepted to the academy and runs once a week, for 5 hours. Components:
1. Academic: Support in mathematics, English, Hebrew, computers and critical thinking.
- Implementation: Classes are held at Ben Gurion University, in order to reduce anxiety and alienation from the academy.
- Socio-Cultural: Monthly workshops prepare the students for difficult and unfamiliar personal and social situations they may encounter as university students, as well as empowerment, identity, gender, democracy, women's leadership and more.
- Emotional-General: senior girls group dynamics, dealing with life stories, conflicts, challenges and growth.
- Transportation and chaperoning: for girls only, enabling the participation of girls from traditional families and unrecognized villages.